Who doesn’t love creme brulee? A cool creamy rich custard with a crunchy caramelized sugar topping is always winner in my books. I came across this recipe for an avocado creme brulee a while back and had it bookmarked for ages. I decided it was time to test out the recipe since I had all the ingredients on hand.
I love avocados and have ever since I was a little kid. My mom always made us avocado shakes when we were young and I still love them to this day. The avocado creme brulee taste like a thicken avocado shake with a brulee topping.
Avocado Creme Brulee (adapted from Food Republic)
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 – 3 tbsps lemon juice
- raw sugar for topping
- In a blender, add avocado and condensed milk and puree until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Add in 2 tbsps lemon juice, mix and taste for balance of flavor. If required, add an additional tbsp of lemon juice.
- Divide up mixture into 3-4 ramekins and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and sprinkle raw sugar on top until evenly coated. Using a blowtorch, torch the sugar until it’s caramelized.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.